We have returned to the office with your eye health, vision and safety as our priority for in office visits with new safety measures in place. We are available on a modified in office schedule with office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm and select Saturdays.
Lafayette Eye Keeping You Safe During Your Visit
We care about our patients, our team and the communities we serve and want you to know that we have implemented new protocols for office visits to reduce the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The new protocols listed below provide you valuable information on how to prepare for your visit, how our teams are screening patients for the Coronavirus and what to expect during your visit.
Lafayette Eye cares and takes your safety seriously.
Preparing for your Visit
- Patients will be required to wear protective masks to enter the office so please bring and wear your own mask.
- Patients should come to their visit alone unless the patient visiting is a dependent (child under 18 years old or other dependent) and
- Bring your mobile device as you will be required to check into your appointment from our parking lot.
- Patient forms will be emailed to you and we ask that you complete them at least a day before your visit.
- Prior to entering our office, all patients will be asked a few screening questions and have their temperature checked as part of our pre-screening protocol for the Coronavirus.
- Patients who fail the screening will be asked to reschedule their appointments and will be provided suggestions regarding follow-up and educational material about COVID-19. We will also ask additional questions seeking more detail from patients that fail the screening protocol.
- Our patient schedule has been greatly reduced for everybody’s protection. We ask that you provide at least 24 hours notice for any appointment that you cannot make to ensure we are able to offer the appointment to a patient from our waitlist. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee.
Arriving at our Office
- Upon arrival to our office, call or text (preferred) our office at 610-825-3937 to let us know you have arrived to check in for your eye exam or optical appointment as use of our waiting room will be restricted.
- A member of our team will give you a call to conduct our COVID-19 screening, review your medical history, discuss the reason for your visit, get you ready for the doctor or optician and provide further instruction.
Entry into our Office
- A member of our team will call or text you when we are ready for you to enter the office.
- Before exiting your car, please secure your mask.
- As an additional screening measure for the Coronavirus, a staff member will safely check your temperature and provide hand sanitizer if you are not wearing fresh gloves before you enter the building.
- When you enter the building, please make sure to keep a safe social distance of 6 feet or more from any other visitors, patients and from staff members as you walk to your sanitized exam room or to the optical.
Seeing your Eye Care Team
- Your care team will be wearing a protective mask and other personal protection to reduce the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus and ensure your safety during the visit.
- Our medical equipment has been outfitted with additional protective barriers as further precautionary measures.
- All eyeglasses will be pre-adjusted at the time of selection and purchase to allow for a seamless and swift curbside dispensing process when they are ready.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- After every visit, all exam room equipment is sterilized and wiped down as it always has been according to our standard operating procedure and guidance from our medical boards and associations. Furthermore, the patient chair and all other exam room surfaces are wiped down with CDC approved cleaning products.
- All eyewear touched by the patient will be thoroughly disinfected and left in our lab to air dry prior to being brought back into the optical.
- All high touch areas and other office surfaces are disinfected with CDC approved disinfecting agents every hour.
After Exiting our Office
- Carefully remove your mask and remember to avoid touching your face until you can wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- When you arrive home, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or more as an additional precaution.