We have returned to the office with your eye health, vision and safety as our priority for in office visits with new safety measures in place. We are available on a modified in office schedule with office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm and select Saturdays.
Lafayette Eye Keeping You Safe During Your Visit
We care about our patients, our team and the communities we serve and want you to know that we have implemented new protocols for office visits to reduce the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The new protocols listed below provide you valuable information on how to prepare for your visit, how our teams are screening patients for the Coronavirus and what to expect during your visit.
Lafayette Eye cares and takes your safety seriously.
Preparing for your Visit
- Patients are recommended (not required) to wear protective masks while in the exam and testing rooms so please bring and wear your own mask.
- Patients should come to their visit alone unless the patient visiting is a dependent (child under 18 years old or other dependent) and
- Bring your mobile device as we request that check into your appointment from our parking lot if you prefer not to wait in our waiting room.
- Patient forms will be emailed to you and we ask that you complete them at least one day before your visit.
- Prior to entering our office, all patients will be asked a few screening questions as part of our pre-screening protocol for the Coronavirus.
- Patients who fail the screening will be asked to reschedule their appointments and will be provided suggestions regarding follow-up and educational material about COVID-19. We will also ask additional questions seeking more detail from patients that fail the screening protocol.
- Our patient schedule has been modified for everybody’s protection. We ask that you provide at least 24 hours notice for any appointment that you cannot make to ensure we are able to offer the appointment to a patient from our waitlist. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee.
Arriving at our Office
- Upon arrival to our office, feel free to enter through the front door after securing your face mask. Our waiting room is now open for those who prefer to wait in our office instead of in their car.
- If you still prefer to wait outside or in your vehicle, please call or text (preferred) our office at 610-825-3937 to let us know you have arrived for your eye exam or optical appointment. When a clean room is ready for you, we will call or text you to enter the office.
Entry into our Office
- When you enter the building, please make sure to keep a safe social distance of 6 feet or more from any other visitors, patients and from staff members as you walk to your sanitized exam room or to the optical.
Seeing your Eye Care Team
- While in close proximity in the exam and testing rooms, your care team will take measures to reduce the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus during the visit.
- Our medical equipment has been outfitted with additional protective barriers as further precautionary measures.
- All eyeglasses will be pre-adjusted at the time of selection and purchase to allow for a seamless and swift curbside dispensing process when they are ready.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- After every visit, all exam room equipment is sterilized and wiped down as it always has been according to our standard operating procedure and guidance from our medical boards and associations. Furthermore, the patient chair and all other exam room surfaces are wiped down with CDC approved cleaning products.
- All eyewear touched by the patient will be thoroughly disinfected on a regular basis.
- All high touch areas and other office surfaces are disinfected with CDC approved disinfecting agents regularly.
After Exiting our Office
- Carefully remove your mask and remember to avoid touching your face until you can wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- When you arrive home, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or more as an additional precaution.